Thursday, September 01, 2005

No power in St. Tammany

Okay, so far we have not heard from Dad. He told us he might not be able to get through, so not to worry. We went to dinner last night at the 50's diner at the Holiday Inn. It was pretty good! The lady gave us a free dessert because we didn't want to pay for it, so that was really nice. The people next to us, a man and this kid about 16 years old, they lived in Metairie and their house is underwater. Red Cross is NOT helping them at all, and that made us mad. The Red Cross is staying at the Hilton instead of doing their job. That's a load of bologna. So anyway, I turned around to look at the TV, and there they were, the people we were sitting right next to were being interviewed on television. That was pretty cool.

As of right now, we can't eat out anymore. The bank can't give out money. This whole thing is putting a damper on millions of people's lives; I hate it. The only thing we're afraid of is the unknown. We don't know the condition of our house, we don't know if Play-Doh is alive, and we don't know where Dad and Jacin are or what they're doing. It kills me that they know everything, they are there, and we don't know anything because they can't tell us.

So today we're going shopping for food. We think we might have to stay here for another week or so because we have NO electricity at all in St. Tammany Parish. So I think I will be watching a LOT of Harry Potter. And Mom won't let me rent Big Daddy, which is also killing me. Blockbuster HAS it, AND they also have the Friends Season 7 DVD (which, by the way, Friendly Video does not have), and we can't get it. I was staring right at Big Daddy, knowing I couldn't get it. I know this is basically the least of our problems, but it would really help me to keep my mind off things. We did buy Cheaper By the Dozen though, so that'll keep me occupied for a while. I don't have a VCR either. I would NOT be complaining at ALL if we had a VCR or at LEAST Disney channel, because then I could watch my favorite shows. We watched Everybody Loves Raymond last night, so that was cool, but I would KILL to have the Suite Life!

Another problem I am facing is that I don't really matter. Grandma says we have to do things as a FAMILY. I am part of the family too! But I dont count; I'm "just a kid." NOTHING I say counts, nothing I think matters, and I really think I should have a say in some things. I AM responsible enough to think up good ideas and plans, but they want nothing of it. They think that no matter what, their way goes, and I couldn't possibly help the situation. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Other than those things, we're fine, I'm fine, so good-bye.

The Morrisons (JAcquelyn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home